Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Holy Cow

Have you ever noticed how kids are ALWAYS asking questions? I once exhaustedly asked my 5-year old daughter, "Why are you asking me so many questions?!" She answered, quite matter-of-fact, "Because I don't know much."


Curiosity leads kids to want to explore and learn truth about the world around them. The mother of 2-year-old Waumba Lander recently replayed this conversation for me:


"Mommy, what's that?"
"It's a cow."
"Where did the cow come from?"
"Well... God made cows."
"Show me."
"What? You want me to 'show you' how God made cows?"
The little girl didn't wait for her mother's answer.  She went to her room and got her little picture Bible.
"Show me!"
The mother flipped through the pages until her daughter's hand stopped her on the page with the picture of the animals on it, the story of Noah's ark.
"Look Mommy!  There it is!"
The mother realized her daughter wasn't looking for cows. She was looking for truth.  



The month of May in Waumba Land is devoted to the wonder of creation... the stars, the seas, the land, the animals, the people... EVERYTHING that God created!  We will learn the truth about the beginning of it all from Genesis 1:1, "God created the heavens and the earth." We will eat 'Oreo sand', make fingerprint bugs, look for glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling, and many other activities to help us appreciate and enjoy the beauty of ALL that God created... especially, cows.


                                                

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! My daughter answered the same question with, "because I have so many questions!" They are so honest!! Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete